Branding Basics - Building Visibility, Credibility for your Brand
- Posted on Mar 7, 2012 in CHI University
Part of propping your brand up is by building its visibility and credibility among your target audiences and the public. There are various ways to build visibility for your brand, including:
- Traditional Marketing Communications channels – Print, broadcast, direct mail, promos, etc.
- Public Relations
- Social Media
Wait, whaaa? That last one, social media, as a way to build brand visibility? You bet. Social media marketing can be one of the most effective, not to mention fastest, ways to get your brand out there in front of your customers.
Why is social media useful for building your brand?
A powerful equalizer – With social media, everyone is starting with the same means, a social media network. You’re all on a level playing field. What you do with it is up to you.
Everyone has the opportunity to be heard – Getting your brand out there is as easy a click, “like”, post or tweet.
People are exchanging information and sharing opinions in real time – Social media has become a huge force of perpetuating information right as it's happening. It’s not only transformed the way news travels, but also how we do business.
Free to use – But if you need consulting services on how to use it, experts like CHI are here to help.
It’s hard not to be beat over the head with it every day, as social media is so pervasive in our lives now, but for those who don’t know, here’s what we mean by social media:
Why the need to boost brand visibility with social media? Despite any reservations or lingering debate about its effectiveness, social media has been proven to have the power to:
- Create brand awareness
- Communicate your key messages
- Instill trust in your brand
- Engage customers on their terms
- Create a dialogue with customers and prospects
- Clarify brand misconceptions
- Provide opinions and feedback in real time
When linked with your SEO and online marketing initiatives, social media is an integral key in people finding you online as well as creating a positive online impression for your brand. Businesses are not only using social media, but owning it. They are putting their brand out there every day, via their social media channels, building up their brand visibility and credibility with the public. They are engaging with communities they create, building a mutually beneficial relationship with customers and potential customers.
How can you put social media to work for your brand?
- Know what people are saying about your brand now
- At the minimum, get on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Ask every employee to do the same, and to support the company’s efforts
- Start making videos, and even more importantly, posting them
At CHI, we have seamlessly integrated social media into our clients’ traditional and online marketing initiatives. And we can do the same for you. It’s not enough to just build your brand. You have to broadcast it.