The Five Ws of Email Marketing – Where
- Posted on Apr 30, 2012 in CHI University
Where Does Email Fit in Your Marketing Mix?
Whether you are new to email marketing or rather familiar with running campaigns, it’s always important to identify where email fits into your marketing plan. Is it a stand-alone function or part of an integrated marketing campaign?
Stand-Alone Email Marketing
Yes, doing the occasional stand-alone email can be effective. You can announce special offers or limited time specials. You can announce where you’ll be located at an upcoming trade show. You can announce a new hire or a recent company award. But even with the one-off emails, you should always try to communicate with your audience in multiple ways.
Email Marketing as Part of an Integrated Campaign
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you sending out emails to drive traffic to your website or social media accounts?
- Are you using direct mail in conjunction with your email to encourage sign ups?
- Are you repurposing your content such as new releases, white papers, articles, customer testimonials and case studies?
- Are you cross-purposing your content for use on your website, social media, direct mail, video, tradeshow displays or brochures?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you’re doing it right. Email marketing is most effective when integrated into the marketing communications mix. Email marketing provides you one more way to touch your audience that is already being reached by your other marketing initiatives.
We’ve arrived at our final W of email marketing: Why. Stay tuned for our next blog or contact CHI today for more information about email marketing.
- Previous Post:
- The Five Ws of Email Marketing – When
- Next Post:
- The Five Ws of Email Marketing – Why