The Five Ws of Email Marketing – Why
- Posted on May 1, 2012 in CHI University
Why Use an Outside Agency vs. Doing it Yourself (or vice versa)
Many companies wrestle with the decision of handling email marketing in-house or hiring an outside agency to perform the daily, weekly or occasional task. To pull the trigger on how you should send out your emails, considering the following:
Do you have the resources to handle email marketing in-house? Email marketing can usually be managed by your copywriters, designers or your social media go-to. However, nearly anyone on staff can manage your email marketing with the right software and tools.
2. In-House Talent
Can you make use of your in-house talent? Then, put your staff to work! Each of your people has an expertise in a certain area. Tap them as great subject matter experts for articles on tips, industry information or cutting-edge news.
Some Considerations for In-House Email Marketing
Be sure to ask yourself the following questions to be sure handling email marketing in-house is the best option for your business:
- Are you knowledgeable about the most effective tactics or software for composing compelling and attractive emails?
- Do you have strong writing in your wheel house?
- Do you have graphic design or coding skills in your wheel house?
- Do you have someone with the knowledge of analytics to track the opens and click-throughs of your emails?
If the answer is no to any of these questions, you might want to consider outsourcing part or all of your email marketing.
You want to be sure you’re getting the most out of your email marketing campaigns, and the most effective email campaigns aren’t always outsourced or always handled in-house. You need to make the best decision based on your company and resources.
Just when you thought it was over, we have a bonus W. Well, not a W, but how about an H? Stay tuned for our final blog on email marketing or contact CHI today for more information.
- Previous Post:
- The Five Ws of Email Marketing – Where
- Next Post:
- The Five Ws of Email Marketing – How