Case N Series Launch Event
Case Construction Equipment
Category: Corporate Event Coordination
In launching its most significant loader/backhoe upgrade in more than a decade, Case Construction Equipment sought to defend and strengthen its long-time category leadership by calling attention to major competitive advantages contained in the new N Series product line. Case pioneered the factory-integrated tractor loader/backhoe more than 50 years ago.
CHI created a compelling launch event for the trade media to introduce the N Series loader/backhoe line. With the Case Customer Center in Tomahawk, Wis., as the setting, CHI leveraged the natural beauty of the Wisconsin north woods in autumn. The Tomahawk facility also offered an equipment proving-grounds environment that enabled Case to demonstrate the N Series machines in a variety of real-life applications.
CHI planned and executed an extensive range of tactics for the N Series launch event, including:
• Identifying and securing the attendance of more than two dozen key industry editors
• Helping editors with travel arrangements – no small feat when the destination is a rural location more than an hour away from the region’s commercial airport
• Scripting and managing two days of activities including a welcome event for the editors; a dramatic night-time “product reveal” complete with equipment choreography, historical loader/backhoe models and a large fireworks display; a day-long program featuring product demos, opportunities for editors to operate the equipment and a friendly equipment “rodeo” competition for editor; and two dinner events on site at Tomahawk
• Writing and producing a detailed press kit – both hard copy and electronic versions
• Following up with editors after the event to ensure maximum positive coverage of the new Case N Series loader/backhoes
Editors who attended the N Series launch uniformly rated it as excellent in a post-event evaluation survey. They particularly enjoyed the friendly and comfortable setting of Tomahawk, including the rustic lodge accommodations. Editors were pleased with the access they were given to the machines, as well as the opportunities to interact extensively with Case product and marketing experts.
The Case N Series machines were pictured on the cover of several national trade publications during the 10 months following the launch. More than 50 national construction and allied trade publications ran favorable coverage of the new product line. In nearly every case, the publications utilized most or all of the Case N Series media kit materials, ensuring optimal coverage of key messages about Case, its long-term category leadership, and the competitive advantages of the new N Series product line. The Case N Series Launch Event also won the 2011 IABC Silver Quill Award of Merit.
Next Case Study
- Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore Grand Opening
Working with a limited budget for promotions and advertising, Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity needed help targeting its…